Primos Alpha Dog vs. Foxpro Wildfire II

bbush

I am just getting into predator hunting and need a little advice on a predator call. Since this is all new, I am not really sure what I need and don't need. I have been looking around on this forum for about a week or so, but I still don't think I have learned enough to make a decision on a purchase. First, I realize that most on here favor the FoxPro line of game calls. If I go with the FoxPro Wildfire II, what will I be giving up to the Crossfire (or Hellfire) and is it really that important to double my cost for a call? I really wish there was a $299 call between the Wildfire and the Crossfire to make the jump not as big. Second, is there another FoxPro call that I could maybe find refurbished that would be better than the Wildfire but less expensive than the Crossfire? I see that the Crossfire has two speakers with a front horn (coyote vocalizations) and a rear cone for low vocalizations (owl sounds, bear growls, etc.)...does the rear speaker offer much in the calling of coyotes, coons, or bobcats over the one speaker Wildfire II? Now for my next big question....how does the Primos Alpha Dog compare to the Wildfire? Will a FoxPro do anything that a Alpha Dog won't? I think I have found a good deal on the Alpha Dog at $199 and I think that it also qualifies for a $30 rebate. If you were starting out and not wanting to make a huge initial purchase, which would you choose? Is one louder or clearer than the other? Also, if for instance I went with the Alpha Dog, could you load FoxPro calls onto it or vice versa? Thanks for any responses in leading me in the right direction.

The Hellfire is 299.00 and will be louder then the wildfire,,other than that your bying an American made caller over a foreign one....all FOXPRO calls will accept any wave file, mp3 and FOXPRO sound, your just "married" to FOXPRO sounds, but with those alone your in good shape to kill any predator you want...

I have a wildfire2 with an external speaker that I think is every bit the call that the crossfire is. Just bought the shockwave though and could sell this setup. It's also got a ton of extra sounds on it as well. If your not looking to buy used I would buy the wildfire and then pick up an external speaker if you feel that you need it. If your interested PM me. Good luck in your search.

The Alpha Dogg will be a much better overall choice over the Wildfire II, and is $100 cheaper. Comparing these two calls the Alpha Dogg gets my vote everytime. I have owned an Alpha Dogg and really liked it alot. I eventually decided to upgrade to the Foxpro Shockwave because I liked some of their added features. However, I would not hesitate to hunt over an Alpha Dogg again.

You cannot beat the Alpha Dog, especially at that price. It has an easy to read color remote, the sounds are in categories. it is very loud (good batteries are a must as with ALL e-callers), it is camo, and has a stand to get it off the ground a little. Yes, the FoxPro has more features, many of which you don't need and will rarely use. I ought to know, I have an Alpha Dog and a FoxPro Fusion with extra SP55 speaker. I like them equally well.

Will the Alpha Dog also accept the FoxPro sounds? I read somewhere that many feel that the FoxPro sounds are more realistic than those that come with the Alpha Dog. Also, if the Alpha Dog will accept the FoxPro sounds, would I simply go to the FoxPro website and download the app off of their website onto my computer and simply download the calls onto my computer and then onto the Alpha Dog much like I would if I was using a FoxPro brand call? Is there any charge to download these calls off of FoxPro's website?

No it won't, FoxPro uses a special file type for their sounds. The FoxPro can play both their sounds and Mp3 sounds though.
I'm about to sell my Alpha Dogg and upgrade to something else here soon.

Back